Thursday, June 6, 2013

My new love NetGalley and Buzz Books of 2013 Fall/ Winter edition

Okay. I admit that sometimes I'm the last to figure things out.  Then when I catch on, I think that everyone else must already know about it so I play cool like "Oh, I knew that all along."  Well, a couple of weeks ago I discovered NetGalley. If you are a book lover (which you probably are since you are on my site) and you aren't familiar with NetGalley, let me introduce you to the first words my new love "spoke" to me:

"Do you love to spread the word about new books? Do you review and recommend books online, in print, for your bookstore, library patrons, blog readers, or classroom? Then you are what we call a "professional reader," and NetGalley is for you. Registration is free, and allows you to request digital titles to read on your favorite device."
....It was like the angels sang and true love was found.  I giddily signed up, created a profile and started requesting.  One of the first choices that jumped out at me was Buzz Books of 2013 Fall/ Winter edition.

I'm always trying to be one step ahead and "in the loop" so this was the cherry on the sundae.  I personally don't like cherries so that idiom doesn't really apply, but I digress.  This collection has an introduction including over 100 upcoming titles and "exclusive excerpts from 40 top new titles."  Divided into fiction, debut fiction, non-fiction and YA, I chose some titles that interested me, got to read the first chapters and then sculpted out my fall wish list.

Here's my top 15:
August:
The Color Master by Aimee Bender
The People in the Trees by Hanya Yanagihara
The Affairs of Others by Amy Grace Loyd
September:
Just What Kind of a Mother are You? by Paula Daly
The All Girl Filling Station by Fannie Flagg
The F Word by Jennifer Weiner
October:
The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
Someone Else's Love Story by Joshilyn Jackson
November:
Maddadam by Margaret Atwood
Untitled / Bridget Jones by Helen Fielding
Doomed by Chuck Palahniuk
January:
On such a Full Sea by Chang Rae-Lee


Hopefully I can get my hands on these titles before they are released and now that I know about NetGalley I feel like I might have a little bit of a better shot.  I'm excited!  I feel like I've got the inside scoop. Now that's my kind of idiom.


Share:

No comments

© Ivory Owl Reviews | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig