Sunday, March 13, 2022

3 Mini Reviews

 


I received copies of these releases from the publishers in exchange for honest reviews



Title: Sweet Potato Soul: 100 Easy Vegan Recipes for the Southern Flavors of Smoke, Sugar, Spice, and Soul: A Cookbook
Author: Jenné Claiborne
Publisher: Harmony
Release Date: 2.6.18

I've read a lot of cookbooks about vegetarianism and veganism but I am not sure I've related to any of them as much as Jenné Claiborne's Sweet Potato Soul. The introduction was stellar with an interesting personal profile of Claiborne. The following chapters (breakfast, salads & soups, greens & sides, mains, sweets & drinks, and pantry staples & sauces) are full of yummy recipes. This book caught my eye because I LOVE sweet potatoes and I was so happy to find lots of new ways to incorporate them into my weekly menus. First up: "Sweet Jesus" Mac & Cheese followed by No-Bake Gingerbread Bars. 




Title: Plants Are My Favorite People: A Relationship Guide for Plants and Their Parents
Author: Alessia Resta
Publisher: Clarkson Potter Publishers
Release Date: 2.1.22

My daughter and mother both have green thumbs. I...do not. This book is cute collection of information, quizzes, and lessons from Alessia Resta aka Apartment Botanist. I love learning about plants and looking at pictures of plants but I am doubtful that even this talented plant influencer (plantfluencer?) can help me. 




Title: Herbal Handbook: 50 Profiles in Words and Art from the Archives of the New York Botanical Garden
Author: The New York Botanical Garden
Publisher: Clarkson Potter Publishers
Release Date: 2.8.22

Imagine strolling through the fields by your country home and collecting herbs in your basket to bring back home. Which ones do you pick? Which are used for eating and drinking and which are used for medicine and bathing? Ok, you're likely not living in a Brontë novel, but if you are interested in learning how to identify and incorporate herbs into your daily life you will like this collection. The detailed illustrations (from the renowned archives of the New York Botanical Garden) and history of uses for each herb were especially informative.




Share:

No comments

© Ivory Owl Reviews | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig