Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Trip to the Spring Detox at the Mandarin Oriental Spa Atlanta

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Tammy Stokes Spring Detox at the gorgeous Mandarin Oriental Hotel and Spa in Atlanta. A group of 10 women experienced workouts, seminars, and spa treatments to prepare ourselves for spring. In full disclosure, I was extremely skeptical. I had concerns about not eating "real food" for an entire day. I like to know what my next meal is at all times. That being said, I was not only not hungry during the event...I was FULL! Tammy's drinks were delicious and really did keep me full all day. I will be ordering some to integrate into my regular diet as soon as she updates her website with a new order form. (She outgrew her old distributor!) The workouts were grueling but she was awesome. No woman with a headset screaming "Pick up the pace, ladies" here. Thank God! Tammy emphasized personal tempo and growth. I was especially thankful that she took some time to describe a proper push-up and to show us her signature West Coast Push-Up, which I believe I equally love and hate ;)

Here are some photos from the event: 

We met in the Tei Pei room for mini- workshops and lunch between our workouts and spa treatments. 


The view behind our table looked out at the English Gardens. 


A beautiful green covered arbor in the English Gardens.


Perfectly cultivated plant beds.


Immaculate landscaping.


A relaxing area around the reflecting pool.


A few rams to graze...


Plentiful covered outdoor patio


Covered outdoor (more formal) seating 


A quick photo of the relaxation room in the spa. Wanting to respect the privacy of the other guests, this is the only photo I took inside the spa area. (These ladies were with my group and didn't mind this quick pic.)

For more information on the next events contact:
Vildana Kurtović
Public Relations Manager

address     3376 Peachtree Road NE
                   Atlanta, Georgia 30326
telephone  (404) 995 7524
mobile        (770) 329 2213
facsimile    (404) 995 7502
email          vkurtovic@mohg.com
website      www.mandarinoriental.com
Share:

No comments

© Ivory Owl Reviews | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig