Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Herbs and Homicide



Title: Herbs and Homicide: Heywood Herbalist Cozy Mysteries #1
Author: Carly Winter
Publisher: Westward Publishing
Release Date6.9.22

Publisher’s Summary 
From Hollywood, California, to Heywood, Arizona, trouble follows her…


After her husband’s brutal killing and her fall from the Hollywood elite, the disgraced Samantha Rathbone moves to Heywood hoping to forget her past and live a quiet life of anonymity as Sam Jones.

When she takes a job at the local herbal shop, Sage Advice, and the owner is found murdered, Sam is pushed back into the unwanted spotlight when she becomes the number one suspect. As she wades through ugly family drama, the questionable business practices of others, and the lies embroiled in a small town, she searches for the true killer, hoping to save herself.

Will Samantha be able to find the murderer before she’s put away for a crime she didn’t commit?

My Review
I grabbed this as a freebie on the last "Stuff Your Kindle Day" and it was just what I needed. I traveled a lot in July and have been spending a lot of time focusing on new hobbies this month, so I just wanted something light and fun to read before bed. I loved this one. It reminded me so much of the "A Bewitching Mystery" series (2006-2011) from Madelyn Alt, which I loved, but it ended abruptly...a mystery unto itself! Did anyone else read that series? There are 6 books (so far) in this series so I've got several more cozies to add to my Kindle. I'm excited to see what other mysteries "Sam Jones" will solve.  
Share:

No comments

© Ivory Owl Reviews | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig