Saturday, August 26, 2023

3 Mini Reviews: The Perennials, It's Not About the Wine, and Stuff

 



The Perennials: The Megatrends Creating a Postgenerational Society 
by Mauro F. Guillén 
(8.22.23, 263 pages)

This title caught my attention and I really liked Guillén's 2030 so I knew this release would be interesting. If you are interested in the unique abilities and attributes of each generation and how they can better work together this book is for you. Anyone working in HR or in charge of creating a workforce would surely benefit from the ideas and suggestions Guillén provides. 




It's Not About the Wine: The Loaded Truth Behind Mommy Wine Culture 
by Celeste Yvonne (9.12.23, 217 pages)

I'm very divided with my review for this. On one hand, the topic of mommy wine culture needs all the attention and discussions it can get, but I had 2 problems with this book: the length and the sources. At 217 pages, this felt padded in spots but lacking in others. I also felt that the sources were subpar. For example, quoting WebMd or Healthline rather than verified and credentialed physicians or medical studies. If this was a thesis paper, I'd say it was an excellent first draft. 





Stuff: Instead of a Memoir
by Lucy R. Lippard (9.12.23)

Imagine walking through your home and telling the stories behind all of your belongings. I love hearing about people's special connections with different items and I found this "anti-memoir" so interesting. I read this on my color tablet so was able to see the photos and illustrations, but this book really should be experienced in its physical form. 



Share:

No comments

© Ivory Owl Reviews | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig